| Maria_1984 a întrebat:

Ce inseamna "ain't" in engleza si de la ce vine!
Pot sa deduc cum s'ar traduce in fraza sau propozitie; sugereaza o "lipsa"!
Dar ce inseamna mai exact si care e radacina din care provine?
>Multumescbig grin

Răspuns Câştigător
| MariuZ a răspuns:

ain't

Nonstandard except in some dialects. am not; are not; is not.
Nonstandard. have not; has not; do not; does not; did not.

Origin:
1770–80; var. of amn't (contr. of am not) by loss of m and raising with compensatory lengthening of a; cf. aren't

—Usage note
As a substitute for "am not", "is not", and "are not" in declarative sentences, ain't is more common in uneducated speech than in educated, but it occurs with some frequency in the informal speech of the educated, especially in the southern and south-central states. This is especially true of the interrogative use of "ain't I?" as a substitute for the formal and—to some—stilted "am I not?" or for "aren't I?", considered by some to be ungrammatical, or for the awkward—and rare in American speech—"amn't I?" Some speakers avoid any of the preceding forms by substituting "Isn't that so (true, the case)?" Ain't occurs in humorous or set phrases: "Ain't it the truth!" "She ain't what she used to be." "It ain't funny." The word is also used for emphasis: "That just ain't so!" It does not appear in formal writing except for deliberate effect in such phrases or to represent speech. As a substitute for "have not" or "has not" and—occasionally in Southern speech—"do not", "does not", and "did not", it is nonstandard except in similar humorous uses: "You ain't heard nothin' yet!"

Daca nu intelegi - spune-mi te rog, si-ti si traduc cele de mai sus.
Bafta!

2 răspunsuri:
| Maria_1984 explică:

Stiam eu, ca vine de undeva de la "not"!

| hailei2007 a răspuns:

Provine din "am not" dar nu stiu ce explicatii astepti... Daca stii engleza, uite aici explicat foarte pe larg:P http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Contraction_of_am_not