| ramona_3149 a întrebat:

Cine imi poate da niste citate proverbe status in engleza de Shakespeare. cele mai multe primeste fundita si restul vot big grin.

Răspuns Câştigător
| Didi908 a răspuns:

Buna! Am gasit un site cu celebrele lui citate: http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/authors/w/william_shakespeare.html
O zi buna! :*

2 răspunsuri:
evenso
| evenso a răspuns:

O God, that men should put an enemy in their mouths to steal away their brains! that we should, with joy, pleasance, revel, and applause, transform ourselves into beasts!

To weep is to make less the depth of grief.

The robbed that smiles, steals something from the thief.

'Tis now the very witching time of night,
When churchyards yawn and hell itself breathes out
Contagion to this world.

Foul cankering rust the hidden treasure frets,
But gold that's put to use more gold begets.

How quickly nature falls into revolt
When gold becomes her object!
For this the foolish over-careful fathers
Have broke their sleep with thoughts, their brains with care,
Their bones with industry.

He that wants money, means, and content is without three good friends.

And this our life, exempt from public haunt,
Finds tongues in trees, books in the running brooks,
Sermons in stones, and good in everything.

And this, our life, exempt from public haunt, finds tongues in trees, books in the running brooks, sermons in stones, and good in everything.

One touch of nature makes the whole world kin.

A fool thinks himself to be wise, but a wise man knows himself to be a fool.

To be, or not to be: that is the question:

Whether 'tis nobler in the mind to suffer

The slings and arrows of outrageous fortune,

Or to take arms against a sea of troubles,

And by opposing end them?

All the world's a stage,

And all the men and women merely players;

They have their exits and their entrances;

And one man in his time plays many parts...

True friends are those who are with us when the good things happen. They are pleased by our triumphs. False friends only appear at difficult times, with their sad, supportive faces, when, in fact, our suffering is serving to console them for their miserable lives.

It took me years to understand this, but now I know: braveness is not the absence of fear but rather the strength to keep on going forward despite the fear.

Don't forget: beautiful sunsets need cloudy skies.

Stay mad, but behave like normal people. Run the risk of being different, but learn to do so without attracting attention.

To heal our wounds, we need courage to face them.

All men and women are connected by an energy called love, the raw material from which the universe was built.

I have this strange tendence to look for adventure, when I should be looking for happiness.

May love fill your heart, compassion guide your mind, faith rule your soul.

| SmiiileXoXo a răspuns:

"To be, or not to be: that is the question". - Hamlet (Act III, Scene I).

"Neither a borrower nor a lender be; For loan oft loses both itself and friend, and borrowing dulls the edge of husbandry". - Hamlet (Act I, Scene III).

"This above all: to thine own self be true". - Hamlet (Act I, Scene III).

"Friends, Romans, countrymen, lend me your ears; I come to bury Caesar, not to praise him". - (Act III, Scene II).

"But, for my own part, it was Greek to me". - (Act I, Scene II).

"The course of true love never did run smooth". - (Act I, Scene I).

"It is the east, and Juliet is the sun" Romeo and Juliet ( Quote Act II, Scene II).

"Good Night, Good night! Parting is such sweet sorrow, that I shall say good night till it be morrow."
Romeo and Juliet ( Quote Act II, Scene II).

"What's in a name? That which we call a rose by any other name would smell as sweet". Romeo and Juliet ( Quote Act II, Sc. II).

"Wisely and slow; they stumble that run fast". ( Quote Act II, Scene III).

"Tempt not a desperate man" Romeo and Juliet Quote (Act V, Sc. III).

"For you and I are past our dancing days". Romeo and Juliet ( Quote Act I, Scene V).

"O! she doth teach the torches to burn bright" Romeo and Juliet Quote (Act I, Sc. V).

"It seems she hangs upon the cheek of night like a rich jewel in an Ethiope's ear". ( Quote Act I, Scene V).

"See, how she leans her cheek upon her hand! O that I were a glove upon that hand, that I might touch that cheek!" Romeo and Juliet Quote (Act II, Sc. II).

"Not stepping o'er the bounds of modesty". ( Quote Act IV, Sc. II).

"Neither a borrower nor a lender be; For loan oft loses both itself and friend, and borrowing dulls the edge of husbandry". Hamlet quote Act I, Sc. III).

"This above all: to thine own self be true" Hamlet quote (Act I, Sc. III).

"Though this be madness, yet there is method in 't." Hamlet quote (Act II, Scene II).

"That it should come to this!". Hamlet quote (Act I, Scene II).

"There is nothing either good or bad, but thinking makes it so" Hamlet quote (Act II, Sc. II).

"What a piece of work is man! how noble in reason! how infinite in faculty! in form and moving how express and admirable! in action how like an angel! in apprehension how like a god! the beauty of the world, the paragon of animals! " Hamlet quote (Act II, Sc. II).

"The lady doth protest too much, methinks". Hamlet ( Quote Act III, Sc. II).

"In my mind's eye". Hamlet quotation (Quote Act I, Scene II).

"A little more than kin, and less than cand". (Hamlet Quote Act I, Scene II).

"The play 's the thing wherein I'll catch the conscience of the king". Hamlet Quote (Act II, Scene II).

"And it must follow, as the night the day, thou canst not then be false to any man". (Hamlet Quote Act I, Scene III)."

"This is the very ecstasy of love". - ( Hamlet Quote Act II, Sc I).

"Brevity is the soul of wit". - Hamlet Quote (Act II, Scene II).

"Doubt that the sun doth move, doubt truth to be a liar, but never doubt I love". Hamlet Quote (Act II, Sc. II).

"Rich gifts wax poor when givers prove unkind". - (Hamlet Quote Act III, Scene I).

"Do you think I am easier to be played on than a pipe?" Hamlet Quote (Act III, Sc. II).

"I will speak daggers to her, but use none". - (Hamlet Quote Act III, Sc. II).

"When sorrows come, they come not single spies, but in battalions". - (Hamlet Quote Act IV, Scene V).

"Friends, Romans, countrymen, lend me your ears; I come to bury Caesar, not to praise him". Quote (Act III, Scene II).

"But, for my own part, it was Greek to me". - Julius Caesar Quote (Act I, Scene II).

"A dish fit for the gods". Quote (Act II, Scene I).

"Cry "Havoc," and let slip the dogs of war". Julius Caesar Quote (Act III, Sc. I).

"Et tu, Brute!" Quote (Act III, Scene I).

"Men at some time are masters of their fates: The fault, dear Brutus, is not in our stars, but in ourselves, that we are underlings". - (Quote Act I, Scene II).

"Not that I loved Caesar less, but that I loved Rome more". Quote (Act III, Scene II).

"Beware the ides of March". - (Quote Act I, Scene II).

"This was the noblest Roman of them all". - (Quote Act V, Sc. V).

"When that the poor have cried, Caesar hath wept: Ambition should be made of sterner stuff". - (Quote Act III, Sc. II).

"Yond Cassius has a lean and hungry look; He thinks too much: such men are dangerous" Julius Quote (Act I, Scene II).

"For Brutus is an honourable man; So are they all, all honourable men". - (Quote Act III, Sc. II).

"As he was valiant, I honour him; but, as he was ambitious, I slew him". Quote (Act III, Sc. II).

"Cowards die many times before their deaths; The valiant never taste of death but once.
Of all the wonders that I yet have heard, it seems to me most strange that men should fear;
Seeing that death, a necessary end, will come when it will come". Julius Caesar Quote (Act II, Scene II)

"If you prick us, do we not bleed? if you tickle us, do we not laugh? if you poison us, do we not die? and if you wrong us, shall we not revenge?". - ( Quote Act III, scene I).

"The devil can cite scripture for his purpose". -( Quote Act I, sce. III).

"I like not fair terms and a villain's mind". - ( Quote Act I, scene III)

I hold the world but as the world, Gratiano, A stage, where every man must play a part; And mine a sad one. The Merchant of Venice Quote Act i. scene. 1.

Superfluity comes sooner by white hairs, but competency lives longer. Quote Act i. sce. 2.

I dote on his very absence. The Merchant of Venice Quote Act i. scene. 2.

The devil can cite scripture for his purpose. Quote Act i. sce. 3.

Mislike me not for my complexion, The shadow’d livery of the burnish’d sun. Quote Act ii. scene. 1.

It is a wise father that knows his own child. Merchant of Venice Quote Act ii. sce. 2.

In the twinkling of an eye. The Merchant of Venice Quote Act ii. scene. 2.

But love is blind, and lovers cannot see The pretty follies that themselves commit. Quote Act ii. sce. 6.

All that glisters is not gold. The Merchant of Venice Quote. Act ii.

"The course of true love never did run smooth". Quote (Act I, Scene I).

"Love looks not with the eyes, but with the mind, and therefore is winged Cupid painted blind". Quote (Act I, Scene I)

That would hang us, every mother’s son. A Midsummer Night’s Dream Quote. Act i. Scene.2

I ’ll put a girdle round about the earth In forty minutes. Quote Act ii. Scene. 1

My heart Is true as steel. A Midsummer Night’s Dream Quote. Act ii. Scene. 1.

I know a bank where the wild thyme blows,
Where oxlips and the nodding violet grows,
Quite over-canopied with luscious woodbine,
With sweet musk-roses and with eglantine.
A Midsummer Night’s Dream Quote. Act ii. Scene.1

The true beginning of our end. A Midsummer Night’s Dream Quote. Act v. Scene.1.

"How sharper than a serpent's tooth it is to have a thankless child!" - ( Quote Act I, Scene IV).

"I am a man more sinned against than sinning". - ( Quote Act III, Scene II).

"My love's more richer than my tongue". King Lear Quote (Act I, Scene I).

"Nothing will come of nothing." King Lear Quote (Act I, Scene I).

"Have more than thou showest, speak less than thou knowest, lend less than thou owest". - ( Quote Act I, Scene IV).

"The worst is not, So long as we can say, 'This is the worst.' ". King Lear Quote (Act IV, Scene I).

"There 's daggers in men's smiles". - ( Quote Act II, Sc. III).

"what 's done is done". Macbeth ( Quote Act III, Scene II).

"I dare do all that may become a man; Who dares do more is none". Macbeth Quote (Act I, Sc. VII).

"Fair is foul, and foul is fair". - ( Quote Act I, Scene I).

"I bear a charmed life". Macbeth Quote (Act V, Sc. VIII).

"Yet do I fear thy nature; It is too full o' the milk of human kindness." Macbeth Quote (Act I, Scene V).

"Will all great Neptune's ocean wash this blood clean from my hand? No, this my hand will rather the multitudinous seas incarnadine, making the green one red" Macbeth Quote (Act II, Sc. II).

"Double, double toil and trouble; Fire burn, and cauldron bubble." Macbeth Quote (Act IV, Scene I).

"Out, damned spot! out, I say!" - ( Quote Act V, Scene I).

"All the perfumes of Arabia will not sweeten this little hand." Macbeth Quote (Act V, Sc. I).

"When shall we three meet again in thunder, lightning, or in rain? When the hurlyburly 's done,
When the battle 's lost and won". Macbeth Quote (Act I, Scene I).

"If chance will have me king, why, chance may crown me". Macbeth Quote (Act I, Scene III).

"Nothing in his life became him like the leaving it; he died as one that had been studied in his death to throw away the dearest thing he owed, as 't were a careless trifle". - ( Quote Act I, Sc. IV).

"Look like the innocent flower, but be the serpent under 't." Macbeth Quote (Act I, Scene V).

"I have no spur to prick the sides of my intent, but only vaulting ambition, which o'erleaps itself, and falls on the other." - ( Quote Act I, Scene VII).

"Is this a dagger which I see before me, The handle toward my hand?" Macbeth Quote (Act II, Scene I).

"Out, out, brief candle! Life's but a walking shadow, a poor player that struts and frets his hour upon the stage and then is heard no more: it is a tale told by an idiot, full of sound and fury, signifying nothing." Macbeth Quote (Act V, Scene V).

"‘T’is neither here nor there." Othello Quote (Act IV, Scene III).

"I will wear my heart upon my sleeve for daws to peck at". Othello Quote (Act I, Scene I).

"To mourn a mischief that is past and gone is the next way to draw new mischief on". Quote (Act I, Scene III).

"The robbed that smiles steals something from the thief". Othello Quote (Act I, Scene III).

"It is the green-eyed monster which doth mock". Othello Quote (Act III)

"We have seen better days". Quote (Act IV, Scene II)

Men shut their doors against a setting sun. Quote Act i. Sc. 2.

Every room Hath blazed with lights and bray’d with minstrelsy. Timon of Athens Quote Act ii. Scene. 2.

Every man has his fault, and honesty is his. Quote Act iii. Sc. 1.

We have seen better days. Timon of Athens Quote Act iv. Scene. 2.

Life’s uncertain voyage. Quote Act v. Sc. 1.

"These words are razors to my wounded heart". Titus Andronicus Quote (Act I, Scene I)

Sweet merci is nobility’s true badge. Titus Andronicus Quote Act i. Scene 2.

The eagle suffers little birds to sing. Titus Andronicus Quote Act iv. Scene 4.

"All the world 's a stage, and all the men and women merely players. They have their exits and their entrances; And one man in his time plays many parts" - ( Quote Act II, Scene VII).

"Can one desire too much of a good thing?". As You Like It ( Quote Act IV, Sc. I).

"I like this place and willingly could waste my time in it" - ( Quote Act II, Scene IV).

"How bitter a thing it is to look into happiness through another man's eyes!" As You Like It ( Quote Act V, Sc. II).

"Blow, blow, thou winter wind! Thou art not so unkind as man's ingratitude". ( Quote Act II, Scene VII).

"True is it that we have seen better days". - ( Quote Act II, Scene VII).

"For ever and a day". As You Like It ( Quote Act IV, Sc. I).

"The fool doth think he is wise, but the wise man knows himself to be a fool". - ( Quote Act V, Scene I).

"The game is up." Cymbeline Quote (Act III, Scene III).

"I have not slept one wink.". Cymbeline Quote (Act III, Scene III)

As chaste as unsunn’d snow. Cymbeline Quote Act ii. Scene 5.

It is no act of common passage, but A strain of rareness. Cymbeline Quote Act iii. Scene 4.

Triumphs for nothing and lamenting toys Is jollity for apes and grief for boys. Cymbeline Quote Act iv. Scene 2.

Golden lads and girls all must, As chimney-sweepers, come to dust. Cymbeline Quote Act iv. Scene 2.

"Our doubts are traitors, and make us lose the good we oft might win, by fearing to attempt". - ( Quote Act I, Scene IV).

"Some rise by sin, and some by virtue fall". - ( Quote Act II, Scene I).

"The miserable have no other medicine but only hope". - ( Quote Act III, Scene I).

"Why, then the world 's mine oyster" - ( Quote Act II, Scene II).

"This is the short and the long of it". Merry Wives of Windsor ( Quote Act II, Scene II).

"I cannot tell what the dickens his name is". - ( Quote Act III, Scene II).

"As good luck would have it". - ( Quote Act III, Scene V).

"Everyone can master a grief but he that has it". - ( Much Ado about Nothing Quote Act III, Scene II)

There ’s a skirmish of wit between them. Much Ado about Nothing. Quote Act i. Scene 1.

The gentleman is not in your books. Much Ado about Nothing. Quote Act i. Scene 1.

He that hath a beard is more than a youth, and he that hath no beard is less than a man.
Much Ado about Nothing. Quote Act ii. Scene 1.

As merry as the day is long. Much Ado about Nothing. Quote Act ii. Scene 1.

Some Cupid kills with arrows, some with traps. Much Ado about Nothing. Quote Act iii. Scene 1.

Are you good men and true? Much Ado about Nothing. Quote Act iii. Scene 3.

"I 'll not budge an inch". Taming of the Shrew Quote (Induction, Scene I)

There ’s small choice in rotten apples. The Taming of the Shrew Quote Act i. Scene 1.

Nothing comes amiss; so money comes withal. The Taming of the Shrew Quote Act i. Scene 2.

Tush! tus! fear boys with bugs. The Taming of the Shrew Quote Act i. Scene 2.

Who wooed in haste, and means to wed at leisure. The Taming of the Shrew Quote Act iii. Scene 2.

And thereby hangs a tale. The Taming of the Shrew Quote Act iv. Scene 1.

Full fathom five thy father lies;
Of his bones are coral made;
Those are pearls that were his eyes:
Nothing of him that doth fade
But doth suffer a sea-change
Into something rich and strange.
Quote from The Tempest. Act i. Scene. 2.

A very ancient and fish-like smell. The Tempest Quote. Act ii. Scene. 2.

Misery acquaints a man with strange bedfellows. Quote from The Tempest Quote. Act ii. Scene. 2.

Where the bee sucks, there suck I - In a cowslip’s bell I lie. Quote from The Tempest. Act v. Scene. 1.

"We are such stuff as dreams are made on, rounded with a little sleep" Quote from the Tempest

"The common curse of mankind, - folly and ignorance". - (Act II, Scene III)

The baby figure of the giant mass of things to come. Troilus and Cressida Quote Act i. Scene 3.

All lovers swear more performance than they are able, and yet reserve an ability that they never perform; vowing more than the perfection of ten, and discharging less than the tenth part of one.
Troilus and Cressida Quote Act iii. Scene 2.

Welcome ever smiles, and farewell goes out sighing.
Troilus and Cressida Quote Act iii. Scene 3.

The end crowns all, and that old common arbitrator, Time, will one day end it.
Troilus and Cressida Quote Act iv. Scene 5.

Be not afraid of greatness: some are born great, some achieve greatness and some have greatness thrust upon them". - (Quote Act II, Scene V).

"Love sought is good, but giv'n unsought is better". - (Quote Act III, Scene I)

If music be the food of love, play on;
Give me excess of it, that, surfeiting,
The appetite may sicken, and so die.
That strain again! it had a dying fall:
O, it came o’er my ear like the sweet sound 1
That breathes upon a bank of violets,
Stealing and giving odour!
Quote Act i. Scene 1.

Is it a world to hide virtues in? Twelfth Night Quote Act i. Scene 3.

We will draw the curtain and show you the picture. Twelfth Night Quote Act i. Scene 5.

Then come kiss me, sweet and twenty. Twelfth Night Quote Act ii. Scene 3.

He does it with a better grace, but I do it more natural. Twelfth Night Quote Act ii. Scene 3.

Some are born great, some achieve greatness, and some have greatness thrust upon ’em.
Twelfth Night Quote Act ii. Scene 5.

This is very midsummer madness. Quote Act iii. Scene 4.

Out of the jaws of death. Quote Twelfth Night. Act iii. Scene 4.

"What 's gone and what 's past help should be past grief". Quote (Act III, Scene II).

"You pay a great deal too dear for what's given freely". Quote (Act I, Scene I)

A snapper-up of unconsidered trifles. The Winter’s Tale Quote Act iv. Scene 3.

I love a ballad in print o’ life, for then we are sure they are true. Winter’s Tale Quote Act iv. Scene 4.

To unpathed waters, undreamed shores. Winter’s Tale Quote. Act iv. Scene 4.

"He will give the devil his due". Quote (Act I, Scene II).

"The better part of valour is discretion". Quote (Act V, Scene IV)

So shaken as we are, so wan with care. Quote Act i. Scene 1.

In those holy fields
Over whose acres walked those blessed feet
Which fourteen hundred years ago were nail’d
For our advantage on the bitter cross.
King Henry IV Part I Quote Act i. Scene 1.

Old father antic the law. King Henry IV Part I Quote Act i. Scene 2.

If all the year were playing holidays,
To sport would be as tedious as to work.
King Henry IV Part I Quote Act i. Scene 2.

I know a trick worth two of that. Quote Act ii. Scene 1.

Play out the play. King Henry IV Part I Quote. Act ii. Scene 4.

Exceedingly well read. King Henry IV. Part I Quote. Act iii. Scene 1.

"He hath eaten me out of house and home". Quote (Act II, Scene I).

"Uneasy lies the head that wears a crown". Henry IV Part II Quote (Act III, Scene I).

"A man can die but once". Quote (Act III, Scene II).

"I do now remember the poor creature, small beer". Henry IV Part II Quote (Act II, Scene II).

"We have heard the chimes at midnight". Quote (Act III, Scene II)

"Men of few words are the best men". Quote (Act III, Scene II)

O for a Muse of fire, that would ascend The brightest heaven of invention!
King Henry V Quote Prologue.

Even at the turning o’ the tide. King Henry V Quote Act ii. Scene 3.

As cold as any stone. King Henry V Quote Act ii. Scene 3.

Once more unto the breach, dear friends, once more,
Or close the wall up with our English dead!
In peace there ’s nothing so becomes a man
As modest stillness and humility;
But when the blast of war blows in our ears,
Then imitate the action of the tiger:
Stiffen the sinews, summon up the blood.
King Henry V Quote Act iii. Scene 1.

I see you stand like greyhounds in the slips, Straining upon the start.
King Henry V Quote Act iii. Scene 1.

Men of few words are the best men. King Henry V Quote Act iii. Scene 2.

We few, we happy few, we band of brothers. King Henry V Quote Act iv. Scene 3.

The first thing we do, let's kill all the lawyers". King Henry VI Quote (Act IV, Scene II)

"Small things make base men proud". Quote (Act IV, Scene I)

"True nobility is exempt from fear". Quote (Act IV, Scene I)

Main chance. King Henry VI Part II Quote Act i. Scene 1

Is not this a lamentable thing, that of the skin of an innocent lamb should be made parchment? that parchment, being scribbled o’er, should undo a man? King Henry VI Part II Quote Act iv. Scene 2

"Having nothing, nothing can he lose".- King Henry VI Quote (Act III, Scene III)

And many strokes, though with a little axe, Hew down and fell the hardest-timbered oak.
King Henry VI. Part III Quote Act ii. Sc. 1.

The smallest worm will turn, being trodden on. King Henry VI. Part III Quote Act ii. Sc. 2.

Suspicion always haunts the guilty mind; The thief doth fear each bush an officer.
King Henry VI. Part III Quote Act v. Sc. 6.

"Now is the winter of our discontent". Richard III Quote (Act I, Scene I).

"A horse! a horse! my kingdom for a horse!". Quote (Act V, Scene IV).

"Conscience is but a word that cowards use, devised at first to keep the strong in awe". Richard III Quote (Act V, Scene III).

"So wise so young, they say, do never live long". Quote (Act III, Scene I).

"Off with his head!"Quote (Act III, Scene IV).

"An honest tale speeds best, being plainly told". Richard III Quote (Act IV, Scene IV).

"The king's name is a tower of strength". Richard III Quote (Act V, Scene III).

"The world is grown so bad, that wrens make prey where eagles dare not perch". Quote (Act I, Scene III).

"My salad days, when I was green in judgment." Antony and Cleopatra Quote (Act I, Scene V)

There ’s beggary in the love that can be reckon’d. Antony and Cleopatra Quote Act i. Scene 1.

This grief is crowned with consolation. Antony and Cleopatra Quote Act i. Scene 2.

The barge she sat in, like a burnish’d throne,
Burn’d on the water; the pup was beaten gold;
Purple the sails, and so perfumed that
The winds were love-sick with them; the oars were silver,
Which to the tune of flutes kept stroke, and made
The water which they beat to follow faster,
As amorous of their strokes. For her own person,
It beggar’d all description.

Antony and Cleopatra Quote Act ii. Scene 2.

He wears the rose Of youth upon him. Antony and Cleopatra Quote Act iii.

Nature teaches beasts to know their friends". Coriolanus Quote (Act II, Scene I)

Nature teaches beasts to know their friends. Coriolanus Quote Act ii. Sc. 1.

That it shall hold companionship in peace With honour, as in war. Coriolanus Quote Act iii. Sc. 2.

If you have writ your annals true, ’t is there That, like an eagle in a dove-cote, I flutter’d your Volscians in Corioli: Alone I did it. Boy! Coriolanus Quote Act v. Sc. 6.