| JIJ a întrebat:

Cine ma ajuta sa inteleg viitorul in limba engleza? Stiu ca se foloseste wil dar uneori se mai foloseste si shold (parca) deci cand se folosesc acestea?

15 răspunsuri:
| CrissuCristina a răspuns:

Poate vrei sa zici "will" sau "should".winking

| JIJ explică (pentru CrissuCristina):

Da ''should'', dar vreau sa stiu care forma se folosea pentru un viitor de care esti sigur ca se va intampla, de exemplu vezi ca e inorat, atunci folosesti forma should? sau cum e?

| MitroKta a răspuns:

Viitorul se poate folosi sub mai multe forme:
The future
There are several ways of expressing the future in English. The forms are listed below and will be dealt with in the order in which they are given.

1. The simple present
2. will + infinitive, used for intention
3. The present continuous
4. The be going to form
5. The 'future simple' will/shall + infinitive
6. The future continuous
7. The future perfect
8. The future perfect continuous

9.1. The simple present used for the future
This tense can be used with a time expression for a definite future arrangement:
The boys start school on Monday. I leave tonight. instead of the more normal present continuous tense:
The boys are starting school on Monday. I'm leaving tonight. The difference between them is:
The simple present is more impersonal than the continuous. I'm leaving tonight would probably imply that I have decided to leave, but / leave tonight could mean that this is part of a plan not necessarily made by me.
The simple present can also sound more formal than the continuous. A big store planning to open a new branch is more likely to say Our new branch opens next week than Our new branch is opening next week.

9.2. Future with intention
When we say that a form expresses future with intention we mean that it expresses a future action which will be undertaken by the speaker in accordance with his wishes, will + infinitive and the be going to form can be used in this way. When we say that a form expresses future without intention we meat) that it merely states that a certain action will happen. We don't know whether it was arranged by the subject or by some other person and we don't know what the subject thinks of it.

9.3. The present continuous
The present continuous tense in the second or third person conveys no idea of intention, though there may be a hint of intention when the first person is used.
The present continuous as a future form
The present continuous can express a definite arrangement in the near future: I'm taking an exam in October implies that I have entered for it; and Bob and Bill are meeting tonight implies that Bob and Bill have arranged this.
But with verbs of movement from one place to another, e.g. arrive, come, drive, fly, go, leave, start, travel, verbs indicating position, e.g. stay, remain, and the verbs do and have (food or drink), the present continuous can be used more widely. It can express a decision or plan without any definite arrangement.
What are you doing next Saturday? (This is the usual way of asking
people about their plans.) Possible answers:
I'm going to the seaside.
I'm not doing anything. I'm staying at home. I'm going to write
letters. {I'm writing... would not be possible.)

9.4. The be going to form
The present continuous tense of the verb to go + the full infinitive I'm going to buy a bicycle. She is not going to be there. Is he going to lecture in English?
• For intention
• For prediction
• The be going to form used for intention
The be going to form expresses the subject's intention to perform a certain future action. This intention is always premeditated and there is usually also the idea that some preparation for the action has already been made. Actions expressed by the be going to form are therefore usually considered very likely to be performed, though there is not the same idea of definite future arrangement that we get from the present continuous. The following points may be noted:
As already shown, be going to can be used for the near future with a time expression as an alternative to the present continuous, i.e. we can say:
I'm/I am meeting Tom at the station at six.
I'm/1 am going to meet Tom at the station at six. But note that I'm meeting Tom implies an arrangement with Tom. I'm going to meet Tom does not: Tom may get a surprise!
be going to can be used with time clauses when we wish to emphasize the subject's intention:
He is going to be a dentist when he grows up.
What are you going to do when you get your degree? Normally, however, the future simple (shall/will) is used with time clauses.
be going to can be used without a time expression:
I 'm going to play you a Bach fugue. He is going to lend me his bicycle. It then usually refers to the immediate or near future.
Comparison of the use of be going to and will to infinitive to express intention
The chief difference is:
The be going to form always implies a premeditated intention, and often an intention + plan.
will + infinitive implies intention alone, and this intention is usually, though not necessarily, unpremeditated.
If, therefore, preparations for the action have been made, we must use going to:
I have bought some bricks and I'm going to build a garage. If the intention is clearly unpremeditated, we must use will:
There is somebody at the hall door. ~ I'll go and open it.
When the intention is neither clearly premeditated nor clearly unpremeditated, either be going to or will may be used:
I will/am going to climb that mountain one day.
I won 't/am not going to tell you my age.
As already noted, will + infinitive in the affirmative is used almost entirely for the first person. Second and third person intentions are therefore normally expressed by be going to:
He is going to resign.
Are you going to leave without paying?
be going to, as already stated, usually refers to the fairly immediate future, will can refer either to the immediate or to the more remote future.
What are you doing with that spade? ~ I am going to plant Apple trees.
She has bought some wool; she is going to knit a jumper.

• The be going to form used for prediction
The be going to form can express the speaker's feeling of certainty. The time is usually not mentioned, but the action is expected to happen in the near or immediate future:
Look at those clouds! It's going to rain.
Listen to the wind. We 're going to have a rough crossing.
Comparison of be going to (used for prediction) with will (for probable future)
will is a common way of expressing what the speaker thinks, believes, hopes, assumes, fears etc. will happen:
It will probably be cold/I expect it will be cold.
Tomatoes will be expensive this year/I'm sure tomatoes will be expensive.
But there are two differences:
be going to implies that there are signs that something will happen, will implies that the speaker thinks/believes that it will happen.
be going to is normally used about the immediate/fairly immediate future; will doesn't imply any particular time and could refer to the remote future.
The lift is going to break down implies that it is making strange noises or behaving in a strange way; we had better get out on the next floor.
The lift will break down implies that this will happen some time in the future (perhaps because we always overload our lifts, perhaps because it is an XYZ Company lift and they don't last).

9.5. The future simple
There is no future tense in modern English, but for convenience we often use the term 'future simple' to describe the form will/shall + bare infinitive.
First person will and shall
Formerly will was kept for intention:
I will wait for you = I intend to wait for you and shall was used when there was no intention, i.e. for actions where the subject's wishes were not involved:
I shall be 25 next week.
We shall know the result next week. (It will be in the papers.)
Unless the taxi comes soon we shall miss our plane.
shall, however, is still used in the interrogative: In question tags after let's: Let's go, shall we? In suggestions: Shall we take a taxi?
In requests for orders or instructions: What shall I do with your mail? In speculations: Where shall we be this time next year
shall for determination
Determination is normally expressed by will. But sometimes public speakers feel that to express determination they need a 'heavier' word, a word not normally used much, and so they say shall:
(in a speech) We shall fight and we shall win. We will fight and we shall win would be equally possible. shall used in this way sometimes carries the idea of promise which we get in second person shall:
You shall have a sweet = I promise you a sweet.
In we shall win the speaker is promising victory. shall can be used in this way in ordinary conversation:
I shall be there, I promise you. But will here is equally possible and less trouble for the student. When in doubt use will.
• Uses of the future simple
1. To express the speaker's opinions, assumptions. These may be introduced by verbs such as assume, be afraid, be/feel sure, believe, daresay, doubt, expect, hope, know, suppose. Hunk, wonder or accompanied by adverbs such as perhaps, possibly, surely, but can be used without them:
(I'm sure) he'll come back.
(I suppose) they'll sell the house.
The future simple can be used with or without a time expression. be going to is sometimes possible here also, but it makes the action appear more probable and (where there is no time expression) more immediate. He'll build a house merely means 'this is my opinion', and gives no idea when the building will start. But He's going to build a house implies that he has already made this decision and that he will probably start quite soon.
2. The future simple is used similarly for future habitual actions which we assume will take place:
Spring will come again.
Birds will build nests.
People will make plans.
3. The future simple is used, chiefly in newspapers and news for formal announcements of future plans.
NEWSPAPER: The President will open the new heliport tomorrow. The fog will persist in all areas. Hut the average reader/listener will say:
The President is going to open/is opening... The fog is going to persist/continue.
4. won't can be used with all persons to express negative intention. So He won't pay can mean either He refuses to pay or I don't think he '11 pay.
5. I/we will can express affirmative intention, but he/you/they will do not normally express intention. They may appear to do so sometimes in such sentences as My son/brother/husband etc. will help you, but the intention may be the speaker's rather than the subject's.

9.6. The future continuous tense
This tense is made up of the future simple of to be + the present participle. In the first person, will is more usual than shall, except in the interrogative.
Affirmative I/we will/shall be working he/she/it/you/they will be working Negative I/we will/shall not be working he/she/it/you/they will not be working
Interrogative shall/will I/we be working? will he/she/it/you/they be working?
• Use
This tense has two uses:
• It can be used as an ordinary continuous tense.
• It can express a future without intention.
• The future continuous used as an ordinary continuous tense
Like other continuous tenses it is normally used with a point m lime, and expresses an action which starts before that time and probably continues after it. This use is best seen by examples. Imagine a class of students at this moment-9.30 a.m. We might say:
Now they are sitting in their classroom. They are listening to a tape. This time tomorrow they will be sitting in the cinema. They will be watching a film. On Saturday there is no class. So on Saturday they will not be sitting in the classroom. They will be doing other things. Bill will be playing tennis. Ann will be shopping. George will still be having breakfast. A continuous tense can also be used with a verb in a simple tense:
Peter has been invited to dinner with Ann and Tom. He was asked to come at eight but tells another friend that he intends to arrive at seven. The friend tries to dissuade him: 'When you arrive they'll still be cooking the meal!'
• The future continuous used to express future without intention
Example: I will be helping Mary tomorrow.
This does not imply that the speaker has arranged to help Mary or that he wishes to help her. It merely states that this action will happen. The future continuous tense used in this way is somewhat similar to the present continuous, but differs from it in the following points.
The present continuous tense implies a deliberate future action. The future continuous tense usually implies an action which will occur in the normal course of events. It is therefore less definite and more casual than the present continuous:
I am seeing Tom tomorrow.
I'll be seeing Tom tomorrow. The first implies that Tom or the speaker has deliberately arranged H» meeting, but the second implies that Tom and the speaker will meet In the ordinary course of events (perhaps they work together).

9.7. The future perfect Form
will/shall + perfect infinitive for first persons, will + perfect infinitive for the other persons.
Use
It is normally used with a time expression beginning with by: by then, by that time, by the 24th:
By the end of next month he will have been here for ten years. It is used for an action which at a given future time will be in the past, or will just have finished. Imagine that it is 3 December and David is very worried about an exam that he is taking on 13 December. Someone planning a party might say:
We 'd better wait till 14 December. David will have had his exam by then, so he'll be able to enjoy himself. Note also:
I save £50 a month and I started in January. So by the end of the year I will/shall have saved £600.

9.8. The future perfect continuous
will/shall have been + present participle for the first persons, will have been + present participle for the other persons.
Use
Like the future perfect, it is normally used with a time expression beginning with by:
By the end of this year he'll have been acting for thirty years. The future perfect continuous bears the same relationship to the future perfect as the present perfect continuous bears to the present perfect, i.e. the future perfect continuous can be used instead of the future perfect:
When the action is continuous:
By the end of the month he will have been living/working/studying here for ten years.
When the action is expressed as a continuous action:
By the end of the month he will have been training horses/climbing mountains for twenty years. But if we mention the number of horses or mountains, or divide this action in any way, we must use the future perfect:
By the end of the month he will have trained 600 horses/climbed 50 mountains.

| Tache_Alexia_2000 a răspuns (pentru MitroKta):

Cred ca ai muncit mult la răspuns și pare ca e foarte bun, dar serios acum, nu puteai sa scrii și tu în romana?

| radupopa a răspuns:

Incearca site-ul:
http://www.marplo.net/engleza/viitor_simplu_continuu-g

Dar daca vrei sa afli de altundeva uite asta:
Viitorul se poate folosi sub mai multe forme:
The future
There are several ways of expressing the future in English. The forms are listed below and will be dealt with in the order in which they are given.

1. The simple present
2. will + infinitive, used for intention
3. The present continuous
4. The be going to form
5. The 'future simple' will/shall + infinitive
6. The future continuous
7. The future perfect
8. The future perfect continuous

9.1. The simple present used for the future
This tense can be used with a time expression for a definite future arrangement:
The boys start school on Monday. I leave tonight. instead of the more normal present continuous tense:
The boys are starting school on Monday. I'm leaving tonight. The difference between them is:
The simple present is more impersonal than the continuous. I'm leaving tonight would probably imply that I have decided to leave, but / leave tonight could mean that this is part of a plan not necessarily made by me.
The simple present can also sound more formal than the continuous. A big store planning to open a new branch is more likely to say Our new branch opens next week than Our new branch is opening next week.

9.2. Future with intention
When we say that a form expresses future with intention we mean that it expresses a future action which will be undertaken by the speaker in accordance with his wishes, will + infinitive and the be going to form can be used in this way. When we say that a form expresses future without intention we meat) that it merely states that a certain action will happen. We don't know whether it was arranged by the subject or by some other person and we don't know what the subject thinks of it.

9.3. The present continuous
The present continuous tense in the second or third person conveys no idea of intention, though there may be a hint of intention when the first person is used.
The present continuous as a future form
The present continuous can express...

| doxatuVexxatu a răspuns:

Eu stiu tu stii el stie..noi vom sti! asta e viitorul!

Acesta este raspunsul castigator laughing

Apropo...si tu esti ..frumoasa!

| Thethinker30 a răspuns:

Viiitorul in lb engleza se formeaza astfel: verb auxiliar shall (persoana I sg si plural) si will (pers. a II-a s a III-a sg si plural) si infinitivul scurt(fara "to") al verbului principal. Ex. I shall/will read./ I'll read. (forma scurta).
Shall este folosit foarte rar doar in engleza oficiala si deloc in conversatie fiind inlocuit de will. Nu stiu in ce clasa esti dar ceea ce ti-am scris pana acum ar trebui sa te ajute. Succes!

| alysshia a răspuns:

Cred ca acest link te va ajuta:
http://www.marplo.net/engleza/viitor_simplu_continuu-g
Bafta!

| zuz02 a răspuns:

"Will" se foloseste tot timpul. "Should" il poate inlocui pe will pentru persoana I, atat singular, cat si plural. Adica:
I will/should
You will
He/She will
We will/should
You will
They will

| Thethinker30 a răspuns (pentru zuz02):

Cred ca ai vrut sa scrii "shall" in loc de "should", cel din urma se foloseste pentru a da sfaturi insemnand "ar trebui". Scuze pentru comentariu dar nu trebuie sa-l ducem in eroare pe cel care intreaba.

| Luizabusuioc a răspuns:

Scuze te as ajuta dar sunt doar in clasa a5a nu am invatat prea multe la engleza